Candescent Photography

3.01.2010

The Beginning

Everything has a beginning. This is mine.  Why did I start this photography venture? My eyes were opened to 'good' photography when I was pregnant with my boy/girl twins. A photographer in the Dallas area (where I was currently living) did my maternity portraits. Yes, I did have a talented wedding photographer, but I don't think I truly appreciated the art of photography until I met Nikki. You can find her blog here. You would be insane not to hire her if you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Shortly after the twins were born, we moved to Northern California. I searched for a replacement photographer with no avail. Yes, there is talent in the area. But it came with a price I was not willing to pay. I hired one photographer (she had a great portfolio and did a decent job), but having no kids of her own wondered why my 3 month old twins could not sit up on their own (seriously). I believe you need to know your audience especially if you advertise as a baby photographer.  So I gave up and bought my own SLR camera. I have had no previous training/courses. I started taking pictures of my little munchkins Fall 2009. Wow. These pictures were great. Of course every shot did not have a flaw of my little perfections. So I decided to try to take pictures of "strangers" that would give me a chance....  This story continues in the continuing posts.  But first, why did I start this venture?  I wanted to offer people what I wanted:  great photography at an affordable price.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment